Meet Partner, Sandra Burns - Sr. Partner, Sr. Trainer, Sr. Consultant, Online Expert, Technical Editor, Photographer, Technologist, and Founder of GlobalOrg
Business: GlobalOrg… for Adobe Training
Contact Info: contact information available to Power Networking members only. To become a member, click HERE.Briefly describe your background (work history, education, certificates, etc…): Over 20 years experience in Graphic Design, Marketing and Sales. Trained over 250+ companies, over 10+ years, individuals to Fortune 1000 organizations.
2000 – Current GlobalOrg Adobe Certified Training Provider & Reseller/Consultant/Editor/Owner
- Trained over 250 companies within those 10 years from individuals to Fortune 1000 organizations.
- Conversion and editing documentation from various Microsoft and Adobe Programs to PDF / HTML.
1997 – 2000 Adobe Systems, Inc. Marketing Representative Duties – National Major Accounts Application Engineer – Enterprise Solutions Group
As a Marketing Rep for Adobe
- Created intranet site for the Major Accounts Team to communicate successes.
- Supported Major Accounts Team
As an Adobe Application Engineer Duties:
- Demonstrated and onsite/offsite technical support for software applications for Adobe Systems
- Performed technical sales support role covering 5 states for key customers
- Demonstrated software applications at customer sites and one-to-many events.
- Worked with technical documentation teams at several large corporations where data was shared across manufacturing teams.
1995 – 1997 Global Marketing Sr. Consulting Partner
- Developed the business plan, training materials and funded the startup of GlobalOrg (an Adobe certified training provider and reseller).
- Created and maintained the internet site to present GlobalOrg’s capabilities and services.
- Created internet design firm and built-up a territory of clients. Hired and trained professional team of consultants that sold intranet and internet design capabilities to Arizona businesses.
1993 – 1995 Xerox, Inc. Account Executive and Color Specialist
- Helped grow a networking start-up company, NetworkLANd, from 1 dealer to 200 in 20 months.
- Sold solutions to dealers in 3 countries and signed volume purchase agreements.
- Covered Chicago and Northwest Indiana territory, reported to Oakbrook Corporate office.
- World renowned Xerox Sales Training.
1989 – 1993 NetworkLANd, Inc. VP / Director of Marketing Industry
- Governors State University BA, Liberal Arts
- Prairie State College AS, Graphic Design
- Wm. Rainey Harper College AS, Merchandising
Systems Experience and/or Certificates:
Acrobat Creative Suites, FrameMaker, GoLive, Illustrator, InDesign, PageMaker, PhotoShop, MS Office, iWorks.
Functional Experience in HTML, XML, Technical Writing, Web Design, Technical Sales Marketing, Training Business Development, Networking
Briefly describe the nature of your business: The goal of GlobalOrg is to provide Adobe Software Training and Consulting. Experiences with Adobe in and out of corporate life included:
- Working in the Enterprise Solutions Group.
- Support at Tradeshows
- Seminars Series
- Lunch and Learns
- We continue to support Adobe at local tradeshows, seminars, etc
How do you differentiate your products & services from competitors? We are an Adobe Partner and have been for over 11 years. I used to work for Adobe directly as an Application Engineer. We have rotating classes so you could find something most any day of the week we teach. We don’t wait for a big group, we will train you now. Also, we have never cancelled a class in the 10+ years of business.
What type of professionals are you looking to connect with? Anyone needing help with Adobe products. Sometimes they work primarily in job functions related to advertising and marketing, human resources, administrative technical publications, within companies from many areas including: Corporate, Government, Education,Non-Profit, Individuals.
Which states / countries are you targeting to expand your business? I can primarily service areas surrounding Arizona and Illinois.